Monday, March 17, 2008

What do we run from

My friend Cassidy graduated from the Dream Centre 2 weeks ago tomorrow. He has been clean and sober for about 6 months now. He got a full time job, and started working on getting his highschool diploma. So, Saturday night my dad gets a call saying that Cassidy didn't return during the Centre's hours. The next day my dad finds out that Cassidy has been out using cocaine. There wasn't really any reason for it. Cassidy couldn't find one, he just did it. Fortunately they let him back into the Centre, they felt that he was given too much responsibility in too little time. So they took him back. They felt as though part of the blame was on them for this incident. Friday night Cassidy freaked out, and ran away. Everything was going well, but he still ran. And he hasn't been seen since. Why? I think the reason is, that he has never known success. He's been using since he was 12, and life has kind of gone down hill from there. so needless to say life at the Dream Centre was quite a change for him. He became sort of my dads pet project. I was constantly regaled with 'Cassidy' stories. I think he was scared of the let down. He had people that cared for him now, people that he trusted and cared for, and people that cared for him. Maybe he was so scared of succeding, and then failing, that he felt that it would be better to not succed at all, and to just not fall as far. Pray for Cassidy. My dad is attempting to find him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home