Saturday, December 01, 2007

Ani Difranco

When I was four years old
They tried to test my I.Q.
They showed me a picture of 3 oranges and a pear
They said, which one is different?
It does not belong
They taught me different is wrong

-Thats one of my favorite Ani Difranco lines. Pure genius. You see parents do that all the time, and i like how she links it.Later she says:

For every lie I unlearn
I learn something new
I sing sometimes for the war that I fight
'Cause every tool is a weapon -
If you hold it right.

-what is so genius about this line is that she is holding a baby in her arms when she says it. Im not sure if that was on purpose, but knowing her it probably was.

1 Comments:

At 6:40 a.m. , Blogger Gena said...

For every lie I unlearn makes me think of the fact that we are to learn from our experiences. That is what God talks about in James, taking those experiences, those unlearned lies as it where, and using them afterward.
My thought anyway,
<>< G

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home