Wednesday, November 28, 2007

on the more ironic side (different things i've been wanting to write about, put into one entry)

no sooner than i push away the one i love, then do i have a friend trying to set me up with one of her friends. We met at a party and i could tell she was interested in me. Hehe i was kinda forced into talking to her. My friend lead me right to a group of three girls when i got to the party, and one of them had a bag of ice on her knee. I saw that as an line of conversation. Its not like i was going to say 'hey im don, nice meeting you....im gonna talk to people over there now' cus thats rude. So we talked about why she had ice on her knee and yada yada. Then she practically pushed a girl off the couch and told me that there was room beside her, i sat for a moment, to be polite, and then i went and danced. You can't ignore Tiesto! The DJ was killer, well, she wasn't that good, she was just playing some killer tracks. I requested Tiesto and Daft Punk, and Eric Prydz remix of Pink Floyd. She didn't have the 'floyd' with her but i could tell she was excited that someone else there knew something about dance music. As soon as i said Tiesto, her face lit up 'I saw Tiesto in Germany last year!' I told her i was jealous. She was fun.

I had come from my friends comissioning service. It was in the far Northwest of Calgary. I read the invitation and thought 'oh foothills alliance...thats right on deerfoot, so it should only take like 40 min to get to' but see i think i read what i wanted to read. Yes, the invitation said Foothills, and i was thinking First Alliance. Im glad i talked to Trent that day because i would have shown up at the wrong church! Actually Foothills Alliance is off Country Hills Boulevard in the far Northwest of Calgary. Seeing as i'm coming from Southeast of Calgary that quite a bit of a difference in time, especially in rush hour traffic. Instead of the 40min i had planned on it took just over an hour. I think thats pretty impressive actually. I had thought it would take me an hour and a half, even up to an hour and forty-five minutes. The service was long, from 6:30-9:30, and they used every moment of it. Trent is now in the Phillipeans (spelled wrong i know..sue me), with his team and will be there for a while, and then he's off to Uganda.

It snowed lots yesterday, and traffic was a....not a nice person. The trip to school yesterday morning took my friend Breanne 2 and a bit hours. usually it takes just over one hour. Lucky for me i have class at 1 on tues and thurs so i didn't have to leave my house until 11:45. My trip was fine. You could see lots of cars in the ditch. This brings me to my next point. Why can't people drive in snow? I saw on the train yesterday instructions on how to drive in the winter (which made me chuckle...cus if im riding the train im not driving...but i get the point). I understand why the information is there, because of the influx of people into calgary in the last few years there are lots of people driving now that may have never driven in snow. For instance, my sisters boyfriend. He moved here last year from The Isle of Whyte, England. He never really had much snow while growing up, and now, he just got his liscense, and because he's in Alberta he HAD to buy a truck (which makes him the envy of all his friends back home im sure, cus you can't buy pickups like F-150's in England), but he's the worst combination for who should be driving. He's a teenage boy, just got his liscense, bought a real-wheel drive truck, never lived in snow. Last week he put his truck in the ditch, thats with just a little skiff of snow. Im interested to find out how he'll do when it actually snows!

I think thats everything i want to write about now. More later im sure.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 a.m. , Blogger mike said...

Someone's got a crush on Donnie!!

I love how you've personified (literally) traffic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home