Thursday, November 29, 2007

History Makes Me Laugh

Okay, i've been working on a huge paper, which i think i'll post in here, about Shi'ah and Sunni Islam. I've learned a lot. A LOT! Something occured to me though. I really do love patterns in history.

Islam swept the globe after years of brutal fighting between Persia and Rome. The ONLY reason that Muslims armys got as far as they did is because they had perfect timing. They hit Rome and Persia at the time when both empires were exausted from years of war. The Muslim army's quickly took over and swept from Arabia to as far as the South of France, and all the way into Africa.

How the heck is there a pattern?

Today. The Western...Empire (i think thats suitable) is watching Arabia and Persia fight itself, and is easily walking over them. I can't say easily...but militarly and economically yes 'we' have the upper hand.

Tomorrow? We will get tired of fighting, eventually, we can only fight so long. Who will walk over us? Asia? Africa...My first guess would be Asia. They have the economy, population, and opportunity. And boy, the US has been fighting wars for its entire existance, has it ever been in a true state of peace? Heck, it was even born of war, so i guess its fitting that it will probably die from war.

-im not trying to say asia is taking over lol, just a projection of something that could happen. Don't hit me with hate mail for that.

2 Comments:

At 6:38 a.m. , Blogger Gena said...

I just don't want to be around when it happens!

Hey, read the book "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini, I think you will enjoy it.
<>< G

 
At 6:54 p.m. , Blogger Lynnie girl said...

I totally agree, everything Revelation says about the end times adds up to (Asia) being the super power. Sorry for butting into your blog, I'm a friend of Gena's and find your thoughts fascinating (for want of a better word).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home