Tuesday, January 23, 2007

more on dating

i got thinking today on the drive into school about why don't i have a girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, im not complaining; im not even really looking, but i was thinking about why i haven't been approached by some girls.
First though i have to put it out there that i haven't had a girlfriend before, not because i couldn't have one, but because i haven't wanted one. Let me explain. When i was younger, like junior high, i thought ' i'll wait until i have my drivers license until i get a girlfriend'. The reason behind this was that i would hear the stories that kids would tell about how wierd it was having one of the parents drive the "couple" around.
When it rolled around that i was 16, i looked at my life and thought ' you know, i don't feel as though i am mature enough to handle a relationship, and that i couldn't offer enough of myself to a person' In hindsight, being 16 and thinking this way was a little wierd, but you know im glad i didn't get a girlfriend. There was a girl pursuing me at this time, but she was not the kind of girl that i saw myself with. I said, wait until you graduate, then you can look seriously at getting a girlfriend.
So once i graduated, i don't know, it just didn't feel right. But right now there is a lot of pressure to get into a relationship. I dunno, we'll see what happens. im a thorough persons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home