Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Part one of a series of blogs on Religion

So this blog is a response to one of my friends blogs on Religion. She asked me to write my feelings on Christianity and how I validate it. So the format the best works for me is probably a question and answer style. So here goes:
1) How can you believe there is a God: I like the metaphor that Billy Graham uses, i heard it on the DC Talk CD Jesus Freaks. (This CD by the way is one of my all time favourites) Billy says during one of the songs: "Can you see God, NO, Can you see the Wind? No. How do you know its there? You can see the effects of the wind, there is a mystery to Him" You can see the effects of the Wind, just like i can see the effects of God. I can feel the wind, I can feel God. God is what’s called Omnipresent. This is a five dollar word for he is everywhere, all the time. And just for note, God does not ask that we follow blindly, He would never expect that. He reveals Himself to us when we need it the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home