Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I was all prepared

to write something deep this morning, and i did have something, but i seem to have forgotten it.

I'll write out a list of good songs i've been listening to.

-'The Liscense to Ill' album by the Beastie Boy's (where else will you hear 'my crew gets big, and my crew is getting bigger!)
-Eva Cassidy
-Fort Minor (M. Shinoda)
-Sinistrio
-'In The Pub', by the Streets.(parody of In The Club by 50 cent 'When i walk you mistake me for a geeser or gimp/because i fell down the stairs and now i walk with a limp'

-In Search of Sunrise 6, Tiesto. Never has techno been so good.
-'When He Returns' - Kevin Max. Formerly of the Christian Super-Group D.C Talk, Kevin plays some awesome piano on this track, and writes a good ol' fashion hymn.
- Kashmir, Led Zeplin. DANG! In an interview Jimmy Paige said that the group agreed that this was the best song they ever wrote. And i agree!
-Arular, M.I.A., I think this is the London raised hip-hop artists newest album. Very much a Indo-Latin fusion. Strong beats and solid lyrics. Very political, in fact her father was the head of the Tamil Tigers (he might still be).
- 9 Crimes, Damien Rice, Most Played on my iTunes. Damien writes with so much soul and passion. He's Irish born and raised. I also adore his version of 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'.
-'With or Without You' (cover), Keane. This guy sounds just like Bono. Its scary actually. I mixed his track with the real version, he sings the same key, same intonation, and almost the same tempo. This version is done entirely on electric keyboard

That turned into me going through my recently added play list on iTunes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home