Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

THE GOOD:
So last night i went to a big fancy dinner with a bunch of powerful people, who were actually pretty cool.
Sitting with me for dinner was Joe Klassen, who owns Joey's Only restaurants (all of them that is, not just one, hence his name Joe), also with me was Bob Nash, who is VP of CP rail. Ken King the President of the Flames was supposed to be there at our table but he couldn't make it, Priemer Ed Stelmach was also a couple tables over, Don Cross was there, his family started the Calgary Stampede. I ate $175.00 apple pie, our table bought it for charity. Of course I had to cut it up. The rest of the table asked why i was taking so long, and i replied "Im being careful, this is the most expensive pie i'm ever going to touch". All in all pretty good night
THE BAD AND THE UGLY:

I feel as though i'm watching my friends self-destruct around me. For instance, tonight my friend Matt let me know that on Friday night he saw our friend Frank (that's what we call him, not his actual name) doing cocaine. I was shocked, see, i knew Frank drank and smoked, but coke is so much different. That night our friend Justing decieded he was going to take 5 tabs of exstacy. Do these "Kids" know how dangerous this stuff is, drugs has caused enough problems in my life, and i don't want it to happen again. Even Matt, my dear friend, i'm pretty sure he's staying away from drugs all together, but up until last year he didn't drink at all, and because he's an athlete he stayed away from any form of smoke. Now he gets drunk on the weekends, and smokes quite a bit, this all changed in September. What is happening to the lives of my friends? I feel helpless to stop it. Im most worried about Frank. He thinks that his drug use doesn't effect other people, and just him. This is so untrue, if there is anything i've learned is that drug use in-directly effects probably 40 people in your life. His use has now effected me, my dad's use effected many peoples lives. I hope i can help him in time.

please pray
-don

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home